What makes us First in the Community?
For nearly 160 years, First National Bank has maintained a passion and commitment for doing what is right for our customers and the communities in which we serve. We truly believe that in order to be successful as a company, all of our communities must also be successful. Giving back is not only part of our Operating Philosophy; it’s embedded in our corporate DNA as a core value and belief at First National Bank. We get involved whenever our communities need help and we encourage all employees to volunteer and serve their communities. In 2015 alone, we invested over $19 million back into our communities and our employees have volunteered over 25,000 hours of their time.
Habitat for Humanity Global Village Trip
Turn your passion into purpose – be our guest and join First National Bank’s Habitat for Humanity Global Village trip in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Join Us and Turn Your Passion into Impact!
Since 2012, First National Bank employees have participated in Habitat for Humanity Global Village Trip builds around the world. This Fall, we invite you to join us and share with you our passion for giving back to those in need. This is your chance to participate in a rewarding experience that will have a positive impact and provide you with an even deeper passion for serving your community.
- Who: Six First National Bank customers, with a passion for change and impact, will join six First National Bank employees.
- What: A 10-day Habitat for Humanity Global Village Trip funded by First National Bank to help build a home for a family desperately in need.
- Where: Build to take place in Koistinbrod. Stay in Sofia, Bulgaria - capital and largest city.
- When: September 22nd - October 3rd, 2016
- How: To enter, click below and fill out the form, which includes answering two (2) essay questions. Entries are due May 6th, 2016.
VISION AND GOALS
At First National Bank it is our vision to have successful communities in all of the places we operate. To achieve our vision, we have identified a set of eight community focus areas to help create successful communities. Plus, over the next five years, it is our hope that the following community goals will be achieved:
- 5,000 housing units in communities across our footprint will be constructed, rehabilitated, and developed using monetary investments and grants donated to organizations who develop homes.
- 1,000 community events such as parades and festivals will take place across all of the communities we serve.
- 50,000 individuals will be a step closer to self-sufficiency through vocation training, employability skills training, adult basic education, and other life-skills education made possible through grants, donations, and sponsorships to community partners delivering these programs and services.
- 25,000 jobs will be created or retained in communities across our footprint via targeted investments and grants to community partners who help grow small businesses through training, technical assistance, and loans.
How do we plan to achieve our vision and goals? Over the next five years (2016-2020), we will invest $85,000,000 and 100,000 volunteer hours into organizations, programs, and initiatives that are creating successful communities. To learn more about our community investments, click here.