First National Bank is honored to have been selected as the Official Banking Partner of Colorado State University and to be the only bank with a branch and ATMs located on campus. We proudly offer the Colorado State University community the accessibility of a University ID AND the purchasing power of a Visa® Debit Card, all on one convenient and secure card known as RamCard Plus.
Tied directly to a First National Bank checking account, the RamCard Plus acts as an ATM and debit card and all transactions are deducted directly from your checking account (it is not a credit card). On campus, your RamCard Plus also acts as your official Colorado State University picture ID card and provides you with access to a range of campus services. On or off campus, you can use your RamCard Plus at ATMs and anywhere you see the Visa® logo. We’re committed to providing the best banking experience by offering superior service, convenience and ongoing financial education to students.
Getting Your RamCard Plus during Ram Orientation
- Apply Now for a First National Bank checking account.
- When you get to Ram Orientation, you will visit the RamCard Office (Room 275, Lory Student Center) to have your ID checked and your photo taken. Remember to bring your valid driver's license, passport, or military ID.
- Got photo anxiety? Not to worry. You can submit your photo online ahead of time using RamPix.
- After your photo is taken and ID is checked, you will meet with a First National Bank banker who will complete the process of opening your free checking account.
- Once processed, your RamCard Plus will printed while you wait and handed to you during your visit. In some cases, your card will be ready for pick up the next business day.
You can upgrade from a RamCard to a RamCard Plus for free at any time by applying online or visiting us in-person at our campus branch, Room 275 of the Lory Student Center.
RamCard Plus Checking Account Features
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum deposit to open or minimum balance requirement
- One Overdraft Forgiveness every 12 months†
- Free and non - Withdrawals (Other bank and ATM Operators' surcharges may apply) There are 6 First National Bank ATM's on campus.
- Free bank logo checks
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Free Online Banking, BillPay, and Account Alerts
- Free Mobile Banking - pay bills, deposit checks and transfer money
- 0.25% rate discount on Auto, Home Equity and Personal Loans
- $200 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details
- Free statements - online or paper
- $25 Safe Deposit Box discount
- Free Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
- Free cashier's checks
- Free incoming wires
- Free stop payments
- The only bank located on campus
† We will make reasonable efforts to pay overdraft items if your account is in "good standing." If not in good standing, overdraft privileges will be removed. "Good Standing" means that you; (1) make sufficient deposits to bring your account to a positive end of day balance at least once each 30 calendar days (including payment of all bank fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts; and (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account. We will pay overdrafts for checks and other transactions made using your checking account number, automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring debit transactions), and if you give us your permission, we will also authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM and everyday debit card transactions. A $33 Overdraft item fee will be applied for each additional overdrawn item (maximum of 4 per day) after your one free Overdraft Forgiveness per 12 months is utilized.
Benefits for Students
The RamCard Plus features two magnetic stripes. One lets you make purchases from your checking account and the other lets you access your RamCash account, check out library books, and gain admittance into the recreation center, sporting events, and much more.
- Lets you or your parents deposit money into your checking account through check, wire funds, or transfer from online accounts such as PayPal, etc. or through an online bill payment from another bank account
- Allows you access to educational and informational financial planning seminars on campus throughout the school year
- Gives you the inside track on discounts, contests, and specials only for RamCard Plus cardholders throughout the year on Facebook and texting promotions
- Offers the benefits of a student ID and Visa® Debit Card in one convenient, secure card
Benefits for Parents
Your student can choose the convenience and security of a combined Visa® Debit Card and CSU student ID.
With RamCard Plus, your student can:
- Know that his/her money is protected withVisa's Zero Liability Policy* when they use their Visa Debit Card to make purchases
- Deposit financial aid disbursements and paychecks directly into the checking account for convenient access
- Make PIN-based or signature-based purchases anywhere Visa® is accepted worldwide. Your student's RamCard Plus Visa® Debit Card pulls money directly from his/her checking account - it is not a credit card.
- Get account information anytime, anywhere with online banking at First National Bank.
- Learn valuable money management skills through a series of on-campus financial literacy classes offered by First National Bank's experts.
*Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to PIN transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.
- Q: What type of account do I have to have in order to get a RamCard Plus?
A: By opening a RamCard Plus Checking account, you can unleash the power of your RamCard with RamCard Plus and it will serve as your Visa® debit card and ATM card as well as your student ID.
- Q: How do I get a RamCard Plus?
A: Start by opening your First National checking account. Once your account is open, you will visit the RamCard Office (also in Room 275) to have your ID checked and your photo taken. In most cases, your card will be printed for you while you wait and issued to you the same day.
- Q: How can I apply for a First National checking account?
A: You can apply online, visit the First National Bank on-campus branch or the RamCard Office in the Lory Student Center or any of the other 24 First National Bank Front Range locations.
- Q: What is the fee for the RamCard Plus?
A: The RamCard Plus fee is the same as the traditional RamCard: $20 for the initial card and $25 for a replacement card due to loss, theft, or damage. For first-time undergraduate students, the $20 fee is included in your new student enrollment fee. There is no fee for new employee RamCards. Already have a RamCard? There is no additional cost to upgrade to a RamCard Plus.
- Q: How does the RamCard Plus work?
A:On campus, the RamCard Plus acts as your official university ID card and provides access to a range of campus services. On or off campus, you can use your RamCard Plus at ATMs and anywhere you see the Visa® logo. A debit card, not a credit card, the RamCard Plus deducts purchases and withdrawals directly from your RamCard Plus Checking account.
- Q: What should I do if there is a charge on my checking account that is not mine?
A: Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card has been lost or stolen. Contacting us immediately is the best way of keeping your possible losses down.
- Q: What do I do if my card has been lost or stolen?
A: If you believe your card has been lost or stolen, or if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at 800-883-8773 Monday through Friday 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After hours, please contact 800-395-0637, or write us at: First National Bank ATM Department, P.O. Box 578, Fort Collins, CO 80522.