First National Bank is honored to have been selected as the Official Banking Partner of Colorado State University and to be the only bank with a branch and ATMs located on campus. We proudly offer the Colorado State University community the accessibility of a University ID AND the purchasing power of a Visa® Debit Card, all on one convenient and secure card known as RamCard Plus.
Tied directly to a First National Bank checking account, the RamCard Plus acts as an ATM and debit card and all transactions are deducted directly from your checking account (it is not a credit card). On campus, your RamCard Plus also acts as your official Colorado State University picture ID card and provides you with access to a range of campus services. On or off campus, you can use your RamCard Plus at ATMs and anywhere you see the Visa® logo. We’re committed to providing the best banking experience by offering superior service, convenience and ongoing financial education to students.
Picking up your card:
- Stop by the VIP desk on the second floor of the Morgan Library.
- Present your driver's license, state ID card, or military ID to the banker at the desk. We will quickly verify a couple of items and then have you sign for your new account. You can make a deposit at this time and we can answer any questions you or your parents have.
- We will escort you to the VIP line to have your picture taken (unless you submitted a photo online) and printed on your RamCard Plus.
- A No Surprise Checking Account with No Hidden Fees
- One Overdraft Forgiveness every 12 months†
- Free and non - Withdrawals (Other bank and ATM Operators' surcharges may apply) There are 6 First National Bank ATM's on campus.
- Free Bank Logo Checks
- Free Debit Card with No Monthly Service Fees
- Free Online Banking, BillPay, and Account Alerts
- .25% Rate Discount on Auto, Home Equity and Personal Loans
- $200 Mortgage Closing Cost Credit - See a Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details
- Free Statements - online or paper
- $25 Safe Deposit Box Discount
- Free Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
- Free Cashier's Checks and American Express Traveler's Cheques
- Free Incoming Wires
- Free Stop Payments
- The only bank located on campus
- Lets you or your parents deposit money into your checking account through check, wire funds, or transfer from online accounts such as PayPal, etc. or through an online bill payment from another bank account
- Allows you access to educational and informational financial planning seminars on campus throughout the school year
- Gives you the inside track on discounts, contests, and specials only for RamCard Plus cardholders throughout the year on Facebook and texting promotions
- Offers the benefits of a student ID and Visa® Debit Card in one convenient, secure card
- Know that his/her money is protected withVisa's Zero Liability Policy* when they use their Visa Debit Card to make purchases
- Deposit financial aid disbursements and paychecks directly into the checking account for convenient access
- Make PIN-based or signature-based purchases anywhere Visa® is accepted worldwide. Your student's RamCard Plus Visa® Debit Card pulls money directly from his/her checking account - it is not a credit card.
- Get account information anytime, anywhere with online banking at First National Bank.
- Learn valuable money management skills through a series of on-campus financial literacy classes offered by First National Bank's experts.
- Q: What type of account do I have to have in order to get a RamCard Plus?
A: By opening a RamCard Plus Checking account, you can unleash the power of your RamCard with RamCard Plus and it will serve as your Visa® debit card and ATM card as well as your student ID.
- Q: How can I apply for a RamCard Plus Checking account?
A: Visit the First National Bank on-campus branch or the RamCard Office in the Lory Student Center or any of the other 24 First National Bank Front Range locations.
- Q: How do I get a RamCard Plus?
A: Start by opening your RamCard Plus Checking account at First National Bank branch in the Lory Student Center location. You will need your student ID in order for us to establish your RamCard Plus account. Then, we will instantly issue you your new RamCard Plus.
- Q: What is the fee for the RamCard Plus?
A: The RamCard Plus fee is the same as the traditional RamCard: $18 for the initial card and $25 for a replacement card due to loss, theft, or damage. The $18 first-time fee is included in your CSU registration fee. Already have a RamCard? There is no additional cost to upgrade to a RamCard Plus.
- Q: How does the RamCard Plus work?
A:On campus, the RamCard Plus acts as your official university student ID card and provides access to a range of campus services. On or off campus, you can use your RamCard Plus at ATMs and anywhere you see the Visa® logo. A debit card, not a credit card, the RamCard Plus deducts purchases and withdrawals directly from your RamCard Plus Checking account.
- Q: What should I do if there is a charge on my checking account that is not mine?
A: Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card has been lost or stolen. Contacting us immediately is the best way of keeping your possible losses down.
- Q: What do I do if my card has been lost or stolen?
A: If you believe your card has been lost or stolen, or if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at 800-883-8773 Monday through Friday 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After hours, please contact 800-395-0637, or write us at: First National Bank ATM Department, P.O. Box 578, Fort Collins, CO 80522.
You can upgrade from a RamCard to a RamCard Plus for free, all-year long, by applying online or in-person at our branch in Room 175 of the Morgan Library on the CSU campus. After you've applied, no need for photo-taking anxiety! By submitting your photo online, you can know ahead of time that you'll like the way you look on your RamCard or RamCard Plus. Submit Your Photo Online
RamCard Plus Checking Account Features
† We will make reasonable efforts to pay overdraft items if your account is in "good standing." If not in good standing, overdraft privileges will be removed. "Good Standing" means that you; (1) make sufficient deposits to bring your account to a positive end of day balance at least once each 30 calendar days (including payment of all bank fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts; and (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account. We will pay overdrafts for checks and other transactions made using your checking account number, automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring debit transactions), and if you give us your permission, we will also authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM and everyday debit card transactions. A $33 Overdraft item fee will be applied for each additional overdrawn item (maximum of 4 per day) after your one free Overdraft Forgiveness per 12 months is utilized.
Benefits for Students
The RamCard Plus features two magnetic stripes. One lets you make purchases from your checking account and the other lets you access your RamCash account, check out library books, and gain admittance into the recreation center, sporting events, and much more.
Benefits for Parents
Your student can choose the convenience and security of a combined Visa® Debit Card and CSU student ID.
With RamCard Plus, your student can:
*Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not process by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.